Rosemary, Lemon, Garlic Grilled Chicken with Kumara, Kale & Tarragon Potato Salad
PREP & COOK TIME.. 25 MIN
2 Free range chicken fillets
A Small sprig of rosemary
3 Garlic cloves
3 tsp olive oil
3 Large kumara (Sweet Potato)
1/2 Spanish onion
2 Spring onion
A large Handful of Kale
A small bunch of tarragon & flat leaf parsley
4 dsp mayonnaise
1. Peel and cube the sweet potato. Boil for 5-6 minutes. Do not over cook or you will have mash.
2. Cool the sweet potato under cold running water. Pick the parsley & Kale from the stem, finely chop the tarragon, dice the Spanish and spring onion and fold altogether with the mayonnaise and season to taste. *You can use natural yoghurt for a healthier version.
3. Cut the chicken fillets sideways (butterly) so you get thinner fillets. This will cook them quicker.
4.. In a bowl. Grate the garlic with the skin on,, roughly chop the rosemary, zest the skin of half a lemon, add the olive oil and season the chicken. Leave to marinade for 10 minutes or overnight for more kick ass flavour.
5. Place on the grill on a medium heat. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of the chicken. Whilst it's cooking, cut the lemon in half and place on the grill.
6. Once everything is ready squeeze the lemon all over the chicken and potato salad to bring out more flavour and positivity.
"I garnished my salad with some cute little edible flowers. Eat with your eyes. Whoop whoop"
Follow, share and keep the dream alive with The Northern Monkey.